Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What's your secret?



For years my eyes have been opened to the world of Post Secret. Created by Frank Warren, it all started as a community art project that sparked a mass movement of confession and release on the backs of anonymous postcards.
I first heard about these books through my hair dresser and after one cut, colour, and wash i went through the first book and immediately knew i needed to buy them all.

I don't know what it is exactly about reading these intensely real secrets, but they seem to be very therapeutic. Maybe they let you know there are people out there like you, or that your issues don't seem as bad, usually they make you feel less alone in the world. A lot of them are also hilarious and downright bizarre...but good reads none the less!

I have bought these books for quite a few friends, they make great gifts, and everyone seems to understand the overwhelming power of a stranger's secret.
Frank updates his website every sunday, check them out HERE
I currently own all five books and i go back through them frequently.
hopefully you enjoy them also.




No comments:

Post a Comment